State News - Governor's Office Press
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Signs Law Strengthening 2nd Amendment Rights In Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today signed Senate Bill 16 (SB 16), which reduces the fee for a license to carry a handgun in the state of Texas.
- [Press Release] First Lady Cecilia Abbott Visits And Tours Two Local Nonprofits While In San Angelo
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today visited San Angelo, where she stopped by two local nonprofits, the Children’s Advocacy Center of Tom Green County, Inc., and West Texas RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program), which is housed at the West Texas Rehabilitation Center.
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott And DFPS Announce Action To Secure Safe Placements For Children In Foster Care
Governor Greg Abbott today announced that the Office of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division will provide $547,000 in funding to emergency shelters and residential facilities for support services to help reduce the number of high-needs children in foster care currently without placements.
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Statement On Terror Attack In The U.K.
Governor Abbott today issued the following statement after an explosion occurred at a concert in the U.K. resulting in multiple fatalities:
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Announces Results From Violent Crime Reduction Operation In Harris County
One month after announcing a violent crime reduction operation in Houston, Texas to combat the alarming rise in violent crime and gang-related activity in Harris County, Governor Greg Abbott today announced that in the last four weeks, more than 450 arrests have already been made.
- [Press Release] 23 South Texas Law Enforcement Officials Sign Onto Governor Abbott’s Sanctuary Cities Op-Ed
Affirm Governor’s Position To Keep Dangerous Criminals Off The Streets
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Statement On Death Of San Antonio Firefighter
Governor Greg Abbott today released a statement following confirmation that a fire in San Antonio has resulted in the death of firefighter Scott Deem and left two other firefighters seriously injured.
- [Press Release] Texas Governor’s Mansion To Be Lit In Blue In Honor Of National Police Week
The Texas Governor’s Mansion will be lit blue on Wednesday evening as part of the continued commemoration of National Police Week.
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Announces Hudson Products Relocation To Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today announced that Hudson Products Holdings Inc. is relocating its Tulsa-based manufacturing operation to the company’s headquarters outside of Rosenberg, Texas.
- [Press Release] Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Peace Officers At DPS Memorial Service
Governor Greg Abbott today attended the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) memorial service honoring fallen peace officers.